FORCEMOD III ADVANCED (FM3A)
Released in March, 2007
Created By Pitchest Heart
and Venomous Heart
- Saber Staff: Blades extended from 32 units to 35. Damage increased by
㺲%. Parry values are +6.
- Royal Guard Pike: Royal Guards now have both purple and blue stances.
Parry values are +8. Damage increased by 50%. The glitch allowing
Royal to have the 3 base stances after a bow or taunt has been fixed.
- Vong staff: Damage has been increased 4X for more 1 hit kills. Parry
values are +9. This class can also wall walk now.
- Tusken and Noghri weapons: These weapons have +10 to parry values but
their hard coded low defense did not allow for the level of
improvement as for Royal and Vong.
- Fletchett: The primary fire explosions look alot better now what
Venomous^Heart >:[ described as sun bursts. The grenades themselves
also have a brighter center.
- Rockets: These have been given better smoke trails.
- DEMP: Primary fire is better looking.
*NEW WEAPONS (these are highlighted in red in the saber menu)
- Ancient Sith Sword: This is a metallic blade with mist effects and
moaning sounds of the Sith Lord's spirit trapped within it. It is 10
units longer than a standard saber but deals half damage.
- Ancient Sith Sword 2: This is a trasparent glass like blade that spews
a trail of green energy as it moves.This sword like the one above has
sounds of a Sith spirit but rather than a moan it emits a terrifying
scream when activated. It has +2 to it's parry values and cannont be
disamred but at the loss of saber throw.
- Ancient Sith Sword 3: This blade is known for the flames it produces
when activated to the sound of a Sith growl. It has +3 to it's parry
values and cannot be disarmed but at the loss of saber throw. It is
وunits shorter than a standard saber. (all Sith Swords can be used
with any saber style except as staffs)
- Jar Kai hilt: This hilt was designed to improve the twin blade style.
It is recognized by the short saber spikes protruding from the hilt
around the main blade (the main blades radius is also wider than
normal). Parry values are +7 and damage is increased by 50%. It can
be used as a single hilt by level 4 saberists but only allows for
the blue and red stances.
- Grievous 4 sabers: Parry values are +10, it cannot be disarmed but at
the loss of saber throw. The standard twins kata has been replaced
with the Alora spinattack. It can be used as single hilt by level 4
saberists but only allows for the blue and red stance.
- X Staff: This is a lightstaff with 4 blades in a narrow X formation.
It's blades are each 33 units long. Parry values are +6. It has a
wider range of impact than the other staffs.
- Electrostaff: This is the weapon used by the Magnaguards in EP3.
The ends that do damage are only 5 units long so it has been
given a +30 to it's parry values because of it's limited range
of impact. It's kata has been replaced with the Alora spinattack.
It cannot be thrown but cannot be disarmed.
- Many new sounds have been added for models who were lacking. For
instance: Royal, Nogrhi and Vong all have taunts for their
classes now. Models that had the same taunts as others were
given new taunts.
- Correct sounds have been added to Noghri and Royal's melee weapons.
- The opening music for the game has been changed from the Star Wars
anthem to "Duel of Heros" from EP3.
- The annoying blip sound used for menu selections has been replaced with
the subtle click of the tenloss scope activation.
- The saber bounce sound glitch has been fixed.
- The 4 arm Grievous and Magnaguard skins have been added to go with
- A Gungan youngling (which is small of course) has been added to that
class to improve it.
- The Jawa skin is now available in the main menu and has an icon.
- The Revandark Star wars hilts have been built directly into the mod as
well as the Ventress hilts and Sidious lightstaff.
- The standard Flechette gun model has been replaced with the T-21 weapon
carried by one of the Stormtroopers in the original Star Wars.
- The disruptor color has been changed to chrome.
- The bonus.pk3 maps have been built into the mod.
- The opening screen for the mod has been changed to a Palpatine poster.
- The clip playing in the center of the main menu has been changed to clips of
Palpatine in EP III. The crosshairs have also been removed from the center to
see the video better.
- The screen for map loads has been changed to one of General Grievious.
- The console screen is now that of the space battle from the beggining of EP3
rather than just stars.
- An easy to use demo maker has been included in the FM3 rebuild. The default
settings are scroll lock to start a demo and pause to stop the demo. To
change these default buttons open the file in the Forcemod 3 folder called
"recordingdemos.cfg". In the second and third lines you can choose which
keys you want for these commands.
- The best FM3 bots created thus far have been built into the mod along with
improved routes. WATCH OUT! These bots have extreme accuracy and reaction
time! You will find them to be better than some real players.
- In the main start menu you can access a new menu to select from the various
styles of crosshairs. Click on profile then after hitting accept in the
saber section you will be taken to the crosshair menu. These can be changed
for any class but again only from the main start menu and not after you are
in a game.
- Droideka have been greatly improved though still having the same glitches
as they always have. They can survive 1 saber throw (250 health), have
defense piercing guns, faster fire rate, 300 ammo, greater self destruct
range/damage, and better mobility. Thier shields have been lowered to 350
to balance the other improvements. However droideka have been disabled
in the fm3server file that comes with the mod using the
seta f_disabledclasses "v" and seta f_maxdroidekas Ŕ" commands. We
reccomend these settings for all servers to prevent glitches Droideka
can cause. It can however be changed back by removing the v from the
first command and changing the 0 in the second command to anything
higher than 0.
- The gravescope has been built into the mod replacing the standard JKA scope.
- The file that prevents the jamsgbof server crash exploit has been built into
- The Katarn hilt has been removed to prevent the Katarn stance glitch.
- The FM3 saber blade fix has been added.
- The seta f_allowtroopleaders command has been replaced with
seta f_maxtroopleaders in the fm3server file. The old one did not turn
NPCs off like it was supposed to but the new one will when set to 0.
- The fm3server file is set with two standard map rotations. One is of
just the the base FFA maps and the other is of the base + bonus maps
rotating every other one (base, bonus, base, bonus, etc).
- All NPCs have been changed from within the mod to Stormtroopers only
to prevent server crashes. The f_onlystormy NPCs command is no longer needed.
- A log converter file has been included. In the Forcemod 3 folder locate the
file called SLFC.vbs. Just drop your games.log into it and it will be converted
into an easy to read format.
- An altered model INI and modelscale files have been built into the mod.
This will not prevent updating INI or model scales because seperate
INI/scale files will overwrite the ones in the patch. The skins have
been divided up more evenly amoung the classes and many jedi skins are
in either light or dark classes not both (except 4 arm Grievous and
Magnagaurd which are only in the Auorian/Zealot classes to be used
with thier special level 4 offense weapons).
- Thanks to Venomous^Heart >:[ for hours and hours of helping me test out
the various patches, giving me ideas and feedback.
- Thanks to Azymn for permission to release the patch and answering the many
questions I had.
- Thanks to all the authors of the various mods, models and skins that I took
bits and pieces of to add to Forcemod III Advanced.